Saint Louis (Marie Galante)Saint Louis
Saint Louis, a town where it is good to live, is located northwest of the island of Marie Galante. Discover the special soul of Saint Louis, with its Creole houses, its coastline, its windmills and the hospitality of the Saints Louisiens.
Saint Louis was first inhabited by the Caribbean. The first settlers then settled in the neighborhood called the "Old Fort" of Saint Louis. They built there, under the command of Lieutenant Le Fort, a box called "The Fort". After his departure, his men, were killed by the Caribbean.
The commune of Saint Louis has very beautiful white sand beaches with turquoise waters: the beach of Saint Louis, the beach of Vieux Fort, the beach of the cove of Mays, beach of the Anse Canot ...
The municipality is now turning to tourism. Saint Louis has many tourist attractions: Gueule Grand Gouffre, an arche that has been hollowed out by the sea, its hiking trails, its beaches, its honey ...
Places to visit
- Gueule Grand Gouffre, magnificent arch dug by the sea
- Beaches: Saint Louis beach, Vieux Fort beach, Mays cove beach, Anse Canot beach ...
- Visit the honey market of Saint Louis
- Walking in the village of Saint Louis
- Relax on the beautiful beaches of the town
- Walking along the coastal paths